
Ok, for some of you, your husband bringing you home flowers may be nothing out of the ordinary, but for me a different story....(which in my husband's defense is my fault!) I must begin by rewinding many many years. So when Aaron and I were dating, he would often send me flowers at work, show up for a date and bring me a rose.... you get the picture. Anyway, it was very thoughtful and sweet of him. But, once we got married, Aaron was going to school full time and I was working full time to support the two of us. (I know, it is no longer "my" money, but "ours"!) But anyhow, so Aaron continued to get me flowers until I decided to tell him one day that I knew he loved me, it was very nice of him to get me flowers, but to stop because they were expensive and they just die anyway. Well, he took that to heart! :) Ha Ha... Many MANY MANY years have passed by since that day that I received my last beautiful bouquet.
So last year on Valentines day, my sweet husband came home and told me that he was taking my boys and I to the Chicago Auto Show for a date! Ok...I was up for it and it actually ended up being a lot of fun and we had a wonderful time! When we got home that evening it was very late and so Aaron and I carried the sleeping kids into bed and then Aaron went back outside to lock up the car and whatever. So this is when the story gets good... he comes walking in the house carrying a couple of gorgeous, smelly, coral colored, long stem roses and with a huge smile on his face says, "Happy Valentines Day Love!" So I look at him and cannot hardly believe what is happening... "WHAT....you bought me flowers," I exclaimed! I was in shock. I ran in the kitchen and since I had no vase (hmmm, imagine that), I put these beautiful flowers in a plastic cup of water. So, I'm so excited and begin to question him.... did you get them at work, were they handing them out, did you buy them on your way home.... and with a funny look on his face he says, "Well, I have to be honest....I found them in the driveway!" WHAT!!!! My heart sunk (ha ha) My heart was broken! :) That would explain however why they were completely frozen stiff, and then I felt bad that my neighbor Jody had only received 9 of her special valentines roses because I had the other 3!!! We both began to laugh hysterically why Aaron commented over and over at the look on my face when I both received them, and found out that they weren't actually for me! He felt bad! :) But it was very funny!
So to this year....I have to admit I was wondering if my husband would bring me home flowers -but sort of doubted it. My husband has this thing with going into a store wearing his scrubs. He refuses to do it. I will often ask him if he will stop by on his way home from work and grab a gallon of milk or whatever and the answer is always - "No, I'm in my scrubs!" I don't get it... I asked him once why and he told me he doesn't want anyone to "know he's a doctor!" What the.... I would be so proud of myself and would strut the scrubs..but you all know my sweet humble husband...he will keep his big almighty profession to himself! :) So anyway, this was the biggest reason I doubted I would be getting flowers - he was wearing scrubs, he would never stop and go into a store to pick some up . So, he returned home on Valentines night from work and the kids were just getting ready to get in bed. They heard daddy come in and went running to him to give him his Valentines and sugar cookies that they had made him. So, I looked at him and he smiled... Hi Love! Hmmm... figures... no flowers. So he played with his boys and put them in bed and changed out of his scrubs. I was in the kitchen finishing up the dishes and I turned around and my husband was standing there with FLOWERS!!!!! Ahhh.. Thank you babe! I laughed and said, "WHAT... you brought me home flowers!" and his reply... "WHAT, do you think I wouldn't??!!!!" (Well true...after last years happenings...!) It was hilarious!!! Sweet...I'm set for life---Flowers for me!!!! (And...if you are wondering...he didn't even buy them from the gift shop at the hospital...I saw the bank statement... he actually stopped at a store to purchase them!!!) So anyway, that was my wonderful Valentines Day story!
I love my husband - he is the greatest! I am such a lucky girl! He works very hard to take good care of our family and to keep us happy. I really don't see him much...darn residency years anyway. I often feel as if we are just "roommates" - in and out with our own different schedules. But we do try and spend as much time together as we can when he's off. Hey...count my blessings, he has been able to go to church with me three times in the last 9 weeks!!! But I know these years are just temporary. One of these days (2 years and 4 more months to be exact :) ) I know that my boys and I will be able to spend more time with him. Mason is very accident prone and I'm always telling him that I know he misses his daddy, but that doesn't mean he has to be his next patient in order to see him!!! But anyway, babe, if you get an extra minute and are actually reading our blog.... just wanted to tell you -- I LOVE YOU!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment