


Thanksgiving this year was a whole new experience. The past few years, Thanksgiving has been spent with great friends and company. However this year.... just the four of us. Aaron began work on Wednesday morning at 7:00 a.m. and had call that night. Not knowing exactly what time my dear husband would be coming home on Thursday, Thanksgiving day, made it difficult to make plans. I didn't know if he would be home early, late, exhausted or what, so I figured we would just stay home and I was going to make Thanksgiving dinner just for us! It was quite an experience and oh so much fun. Aaron eventually made it home Thursday afternoon about 4:00 completely exhausted and sleep deprived after completing a long tiring 32 hour shift..and..... he was such a trooper! He stayed up with us, ate dinner with us, and spent the rest of the evening with us!!! Thanks babe - you were awesome!!!
As you can see, we ate our first Thanksgiving together on our new, very special (clearanced) "Texas" plates which made our first Thanksgiving in Texas even more special.
4 comments:
Ummmmmmmmm, Shanna....ummmm...what happened to the salt shaker? It looks as if it was left over an open flame... :) These pictures are so cute! We love the clearance Texas plates. I would like to say we have clearanced "Utah" plates, but you all know that cheap crap does not last long in Mormon towns in Utah. I especially wanted the Silver edition Donnie and Marie ones but they are back-ordered for another year....
Ok Dust, you must have completely zoomed in our our Thanksgiving meal in order to see that my salt shaker is indeed charred! That would have happened 7 years ago when I realized that with a gas oven, the heat comes out the vent on top of the oven! Anyway, I didn't know that until my shaker was smoking! ...which is even more embarrassing being that we haven't replaced that sorry looking shaker in over 7 years!
looks like a very fun day! I hope to be able to do a family thanksgiving some year with just brad, me and the kids! It would probably be more relaxed then inviting everyone else!
actually, I didn't know you could zoom in until we clicked on the picture and it was suddenly massive. If you click on the picture, when it expands you have a screen full of a charred shaker :) Looks cool to me...
Post a Comment